Azure Extensions

Developer
Jan 19, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I have been using several activities from the library, such as the QueueNewBuild activity, to provide a continuous integration environment.  The last step of the build, I would like to automate the deployment to Azure.  There are some fairly simple PowerShell wrappers around the Azure SDK.  Is anyone here working on wrappers for TFS workflow activities for Azure?

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Great idea!  I went ahead and turned this into a feature request to put it on the backlog.  Feel free to let us know what you think the requirements of that activity would be by adding information to the work item.  We'll review the backlog periodically and choose the activities that have the most votes to implement.

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM

You can have a look at DeployToAzure.CodePlex.com. It is a set of custom workflow actions wrapping Azure Management API and implementing deployment logic. It also contains build definition template for building and deploying Windows Azure projects

Developer
Feb 7, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Thanks!!!  I already built this code on top of the TFS Build Extensions project, using their activity patterns.  Hopefully, we can create one library!!!

Coordinator
May 30, 2011 at 11:37 AM

working on it :-)

Developer
May 31, 2011 at 5:04 PM
Mike,

I took the http://wappowershell.codeplex.com/ PowerShell library and wrapped activities around its internal API.

Let me know if you want me to do something with it.

Stuart

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 4:37 AM, mikefourie <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

working on it :-)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tfsbuildextensions@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tfsbuildextensions@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com