Code Activity to checkin binaries output from a build

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I was hoping to contribute a code activity I built similar to the one discussed here : http://geekswithblogs.net/jakob/archive/2010/11/03/performing-checkins-in-tfs-2010-build.aspx as there seemed to be some interest from this community. My activity allows specifying a target folder in source control where the binaries are to be checked in - it handles the situations where the files either already exist in source control (in which case it does a get, and then update to reconstitute the binary output of the build), or if not it just creates the file. I also applied the **NO_CI*** to prevent from endless checkin loop.

It's pretty straightforward but may benefit from review so I figured this is the best place for it to find a home and put to good use - seems like something quite that would save some folks a bit of time, it would be especially useful, I think for those who keep versioned/strongly name binaries in source control. If interested, please let me know where and how I can submit the code.