This project is read-only.

Where to download previous revs of StyleCop?

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I've installed the latest revs of TFS and StyleCop that are available on CodePlex.  I've followed the instructions on copying the files, configuring the build controller, copying files under BuildProcessTemplates, etc.  When I attempt to do a build with the modified build template, I get the following error:

Run StyleCop
00:00Find *.CS Files in source tree
00:00AssignAbout to run Stylecop with C:\Builds\1\Oasis.Edm\Standard Oasis.Edm with StyleCop\Sources\Oasis.Edm\Settings.StyleCop
00:00StyleCop Error: Could not load file or assembly 'StyleCop, Version=4.6.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f904653c63bc2738' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.. Stack Trace:    at TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.CodeQuality.StyleCop.Scan()    at TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.BaseCodeActivity.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) in D:\Projects\teambuild2010contrib\CustomActivities\VS2010\MAIN\Source\Common\BaseCodeActivity.cs:line 67. 

It looks like TFS is attempting to reference version 4.6 of StyleCop.  However, the only version of StyleCop available for download is 4.7.  Adding to my confusion, the TFS page said it was built against StyleCop 4.4.

How should I deal with this versioning issue, or have I completed misunderstood this error and am I going down the wrong path?

Cheers, Jon

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM

It's weird:  depending on the path you take to the StyleCop CodePlex page, you can see earlier revs of the releases.  Anyway, for anyone else looking for earlier revs, you can find them at this direct URL:

http://stylecop.codeplex.com/releases/view/64494

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I looked around to download 4.6.3.0, and I can not find an MSI anywhere.  I could build from source, but what a pain - and more time than I have to invest right now.

So, I'm in a holding pattern.  Are there no locations for a dependency download?

Thanks!