This project is read-only.

BuildReport adaptation

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I am currently using the BuildReport activity to mail users upon build failure but would like to be able to adapt the contents of the report - for example add a link to the buildetail Uri and include test results. I suppose I should use a custom XslTransformFile for that, but I can't sem to find any documentation on that. Having the defaul transform available somewhere.

I suppose I could use the email activity instead, but then I would have the job of building a rather complex email body, where the BuildReport already has most of that included.

Jun 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

You can provide an xslt transformation file, simply set the XslTransformFile property to the filename of your customized xslt file. You can find the default xslt file in sourcecontrol. Ive also done a post on customization of the build report, you can find it at http://mskold.blogspot.se/2012/06/generate-accumulated-release-notes-in.html

The main problem will probably be to get the data for the build Uri and include testresult, as the xml file your transforming doesnt containt such info, 

Jun 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Thanks for the quick reply - and most of all for practically handing the solution to me! I have now created a custom xslt (based on yours) with a link to the build detail Uri (this was actually available in the XML). As you say, test results aren't available and neither are any compilation errors, have to think on whether to adapt the generated XML for our needs.