This project is read-only.

Unable to drop custom activities from Community TFS build extensions onto a template

Dec 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I added the community extensions to my toolbar and then tried drag/dropping a custom activity onto my template and visual studio will not let.  After some research I see a lot of folks saying the dll's must be in your GAC to make that work.  Which is a problem, since none of these assemblies are signed.  How in the hell does one make use of these?  So far it has been an extensive exercise in frustration.  Help, Anyone, PLEASE?

Dec 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Edited Dec 17, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Hi

You basically need to have a project open with various references, as well as the build template. You don't need assemblies in the GAC.

See - http://tfsbuildextensions.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How%20to%20integrate%20the%20extensions%20into%20a%20build%20template&referringTitle=Documentation

I think we have a sample project in the source code which has all the WF references already. see the csproj here - CustomActivities/MAIN/Templates/CustomProcesses/CustomActivities

Mike

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, it's a shame that editing a template with custom activities involves such a hack.  It surprises me that I can't just add all my custom activities to the toolbar and edit templates from any solution I have open.  In any case though I greatly appreciate the pointer.