I've now been able to get the XAML to the point that the designer is OK with it - but the build still produces the same error as noted above
I've followed Jason Pricket's Blog posting :
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jpricket/archive/2012/10/24/upgrading-your-build-definitions-from-tfs2010-to-tfs2012.aspx and I'm still left with this namespace issue
Unrecognized tag 'x:Members' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml'.....
for 3 of the 4 XAMLs that are included in the solution.
In reference to Jason's Process:
1. We are staying with TFS2010 for now.
2. n/a – we’re not upgrading to TFS2012
3. We have installed (only) VS2012 on the developer and build machines
4. I’ve upgraded the build extentions to the latest release (which includes VS2012 compatible binaries), and changed all the references to the VS2012 versions
4b. Framework is at 4.5
4c. I have no references to TFS v10 DLLs – all are the v11 DLLs that ship with VS2012
4d. (this is the step that results in the error)
4e. Have to assume the release of TFSBuild Extentions is solid this way
5. All XAMLs have passed the XAMLCleaner
It’s the Step 4d that is still failing…
Any suggestions anyone can offer would be appreciated