This project is read-only.

Why whole Custom Assemblies needed?

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Hello,

I am using Community TFS Build Extension for VS2010. I have used TfsBuildExtension.Activities.dll for my purpose. In this DLL, I have used only "AssemblyInfo" activity to add Comments(i.e. Build Number) in the Assembly Information.

I solved my purpose easily. The purpose is to need only required DLL's not all the DLL.

When I put single DLL (i.e. TfsBuildExtension.Activities.dll ) in path mentioned in "Version Control path to Custom Assemblies" in properties of Build Controller, my build failed which is stating that

TF215097: Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace: TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.Framework; assembly=TfsBuildExtensions.Activities} AssemblyInfo’.

It means i need some dll to resolved this. When I put TfsBuildExtension.Activities.AWS.dll, my build running successfully.

Here, I does not resolved that why this particular DLL is needed which made for Amazon Web Services.

Your Suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Manish Vyas

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Hi Manish,

The TfsBuildExtension.Activities.dll has a dependency on TfsBuildExtensions.TfsUtilities.dll, you have to include this dependency in your "Version Control path to Custom Assemblies" also.

The TfsBuildExtension.Activities.AWS.dll does not have any dependencies, that's why it's working alone. Note that to be safe you should always include the TfsBuildExtensions.TfsUtilities.dll assembly.

Guillaume

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your Reply.

While adding "TfsBuildExtension.Activities.dll" along with "TfsBuildExtensions.TfsUtilities.dll", I found the error stating:

TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \APD-ClaimsSolutions\Backup_DEV_PartialLossNET_AssignmentSchedulingDAO4.0: Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace:TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.Framework;assembly=TfsBuildExtensions.Activities}AssemblyInfo'.

I think some where i am missing something.

Please help.