installation

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I'm trying to understand how this TFS Build Extensions work and how to get them into Visual Studio.

I read the "How to integrate the extensions into a build template" but I am not sure this is the correct way to go.

What I want to do is to simply add the custom activities to the toolbar for use with the Azure template for continuous deployment in Team Foundation Services.
I understand I need to add the DLL: to a subfolder of the template folder and reference that one on the build controller.

I tried just adding the custom activities to the toolbar by referencing them by right clicking the toolbar and selecting choose items and then selecting the DLL:s. This made the activities show up in the toolbar but when i tried to use them they wouldn't "drop" onto the workflow....like they were there but were inactive or something like that. ( I could initiate the drag but it was like the workflow were not a valid drop target)

I am using vs2012 and used the dlls for 2012.

what am i doing wrong here? what am i missing?
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Take a look at the ALM Rangers build guidance which shows you how to get a project set up so you have the right references in place to avoid the no-drop symbol you are getting.

https://vsarbuildguide.codeplex.com/

Mike
Marked as answer by mikeFourie on 2/9/2014 at 11:31 AM