StyleCop activity reporting warnings from older checkins.

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:51 PM
I'm getting a very weird results from the StyleCop activity and I don't know what could be wrong.

I'm using the September release with StyleCop version 4.7.46.0 and TFS 2012 with update 3.

Everything is working great except 3 build definitions (3 branches of a Silverlight app).
I used to have like 100 StyleCop warnings, I corrected them and locally I get 0 warnings, then I checked in the changes in dev but in the build I still see the old warnings, I did a merge from dev to main, and then from main to prod and I still see 100 warnings on all the branches, in the Build I'm getting warnings like this:

SA1201: All properties must be placed after all constructors. [E:\Builds\Temp\1\16\src\Sait\Mantenimientos\Dev\Desarrollo\Code\Sources\Cnbv.Sait.Mantenimientos\App.xaml.cs. LineNumber: 62, CheckId: SA1201, Message: All properties must be placed after all constructors., ] Line 62.

But if I open the solution in that path and run StyleCop in VS on the build server I get 0 warnings (the triggers for the build definitions are on "Continuous Integration" and in the StyleCop activity CacheResults is False).

I tried to replicate this on another server, the same versions of everything, the same code, the same Build Template and everything is OK.

Do you guys have any input in what could be happening?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Its probably picking up a different StyleCopSettingsFile file. Take a look at the diagnostic build results and see where it's picking it up. Richard Fennell has got some great docs here http://tfsbuildextensions.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How%20to%20integrate%20the%20extensions%20into%20a%20build%20template&referringTitle=Documentation

Mike
Marked as answer by mikeFourie on 11/28/2013 at 10:04 AM
Jan 8, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Edited Jan 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Never Mind, it was a silly mistake in my part. But the detailed log helped a lot.,

Thanks for your time