FTPActivity $/xxx/xxx is not a directory

Apr 25, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2014 at 11:58 AM
Hello there!
I've a problem while trying to upload my files after a build from a drop location to my ftp server.

My project is located on the tfs service from visual studio online. The extension dlls are added as custom libraries and this seems to be fine.

I'm getting the following error:
Error: $/ClickOnceClient/Drops/DeployFTP/DeployFTP_20140425.12 is not a directory!. Stack Trace:    at TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.Communication.Ftp.UploadFiles() in c:\code\teambuild2010contrib\CustomActivities\MAIN\Source\Activities\Communication\Ftp.cs:line 265
   at TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.BaseCodeActivity.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) in c:\code\teambuild2010contrib\CustomActivities\MAIN\Source\Common\BaseCodeActivity.cs:line 66. 
 Exception Message: $/ClickOnceClient/Drops/DeployFTP/DeployFTP_20140425.12 is not a directory! (type InvalidDataException)
Exception Stack Trace:    at TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.Communication.Ftp.UploadFiles() in c:\code\teambuild2010contrib\CustomActivities\MAIN\Source\Activities\Communication\Ftp.cs:line 265
   at TfsBuildExtensions.Activities.BaseCodeActivity.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) in c:\code\teambuild2010contrib\CustomActivities\MAIN\Source\Common\BaseCodeActivity.cs:line 90
   at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
   at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
The folder exist in my drop location!

This is my setup:

Create Directory

Upload Images

I was following the documentation but can't get it work. On the FTP Server Folders of type Build_Build_{BuildNumber} is created so connection seems to be fine.
Does anyone have a suggestion and can help me?
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Hmmm. not sure. Hamid will know.... I don't really get the replace on the remote dir.... let me try get Hamid to respond...Mike
Developer
May 8, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Sorry about the late reply.

Looks like your drops folders is a TFS folder and not a local directory. The activity only allows physical file paths from in the file names collection and not TFS folder paths. This is why you are witnessing this error.

I had a local build server setup on to my VSO project and tried the activity and it all worked fine.