Kindly advice :
followed below steps,
- Downloaded ApplyVersionToAssemblies.ps1
- Added to TFS Under team project
- Selected the ApplyVersionToAssemblies.ps1 script as a Pre Build activity in TFS 2013 Build
definitions from Process wizard
- Finally executed the build (Firing the build from TFS Build machine itself)
Build has failed with following error :
blies.ps1 : Could not find version number data in TF_BUILD_BUILDNUMBER.
- CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
- FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
(I even tried specifying TF_BUILD_BUILDNUMBER & TF_BUILD_SOURCEDIRECTRY as environmental variables though it is a build machine)
Kindly advice me on this.
Thank a lot in advance.
What's the value in the 'Build number format' build process parameter?
Make sure it contains some value with the format: "\d+.\d+.\d+.\d+".
Something like this should work: $(BuildDefinitionName)_$(Year:yyyy).$(Month).$(DayOfMonth)$(Rev:.r)