RoboCopy activity is not on the Toolbox

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Hi, I've done all the steps in http://tfsbuildextensions.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=How%20to%20integrate%20the%20extensions%20into%20a%20build%20template&referringTitle=Documentation but the RoboCopy activity does not show up on my Toolbox. I'm on a 2008 R2 VM with VS2010 + TFS 2010 + TF Build on it. There are two groups on the Toolbox (Team Foundation Build Activities and Team Foundation Lab Management Activities)  with several components but not the RoboCopy activity. TfsBuildExtensions.Actitivies.dll is version 1.3.0.0.

Any idea on waht could be happening?

Thanks,

GB

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Hi

Have you added the TfsBuildExtensions.dll assembly to teh toolbox? It provides the robocopy activity and many others.

Mike

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Hi Mike, 

No, I haven't. I couldn't find it on the ZIP (TfsBuildExtensions 1.3.0.0.zip). The help says RoboCopy activity is in TfsBuildExtensions.Actitivies.dll, and I can see it there with Object Explorer, but it does not show up on Toolbox. Am I missing something?

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Sorry I do mean TfsBuildExtensions.Actitivies.dll. So you need to follow "Get the custom activities into Visual Studio" and add that assembly rather than the stylecop assembly.

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:03 PM

That was it. I forgot that just adding the reference to the assemblies is not enough to load the components on the Toolbox. 

Thanks for your time,

GB