Auto refresh in the stand alone application

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Hi,

Thanks for a great application!

When I use the stand alone application it doesn’t seem to refresh at all, I have to click the refresh button to get updates. When I run the VSIX from inside Visual Studio it refreshes by itself.
Is it possible to get the automatic refresh in the stand alone application?

/Magnus
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Hi

On what screen?

I think we had that there for some screens but it got pulled out because it interfered with selecting multiple items over a period and then the refresh timer coming along and clearing it. The quick fix to remove the auto-refresh was chosen rather than handling existing selections.

I'd be interested on what screen you think it will be useful, then we can look at bringing it back in.

Cheers

Mike
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick answer.

The TFS admin at the customer I am working with wants to monitor running build on a screen on the wall to see if any build are stuck or taking a long time.
So the screen we want to have auto refresh on is the one showing all running builds on all controllers for all TFS projects.

/Magnus
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Ok. i'll take a look at bringing the refresh back to that screen.

BTW, this may be a better solution - http://teambuildscreen.codeplex.com
Feb 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Hi Mike,

They have TeamBuildScreen also, but they liked the overview of your application better.

It would be great if you could add the refresh.

/Magnus
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
I can't repro that. The running builds refresh in VS and the windows app. What I have noticed is that we stop the refresh if viewing the Completed builds.

Mike
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Hi Magnus, the standalone application uses the same codebase as the Visual Studio extension, so there should be no difference in the behaviour. As Mike says, we only refresh the Queued build page, not the Completed builds page. Is this an issue for you?

Thanks
/Jakob
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Hi Jacob and Mike,

It’s only the build queue we are interested in. We might have been in the completed build window, I will ask my customer to restart the application and don’t look in the completed window and see if it works.

/Magnus
Mar 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Hi Jacob and Mike,

It worked, thanks!

/Magnus