This TfsVersion Activity is very confusing for me to use, and the current documentation is for TFS 2010,
I have follow this documentation. I got to the point I can find all assembly files and print the messages out.
However I need some guidelines to set the properties of TfsVersion Activity for TFS 2012.
I have already created variables "Major, Minor, VersionNumber" and set the properties roughly the same with the current documentation. But I got errors: " Major is required. Version is required."
So the questions:
- where in the process suppose to read out the version number from AssemblyInfo files?
- What variable is getting set that value?
- How Major an Minor works? Do they automatically get value from... something?
- Do we or can we set Major and Minor variables?
- Where in the process set the final output Version variable if it's been set in the background? Or do we have to set it manually?
I have found the document for these variables, just don't know what the process to set them and when do we suppose to use them.
Major - Gets or Sets the Major component of the version number.
Minor - Gets or Sets the Minor component of the version number.
Version - Gets or sets the Version.
Thanks a lot for your help.